Tier 1 Investor Visa UK Guide
An investor visa can be obtained by those who are able to invest at least £ 2,000,000 in the UK economy. For the first time, the duration of such a visa is 3 years and 4 months. If this document was issued in the UK, then the term of the visa is 3 years. At the expiration of the term, it can be extended.
The advantages of an investor visa
Tier 1 Investor Visa gives a number of opportunities for those who want to stay in the UK for permanent residence or to obtain British citizenship.
One of the main features of such a visa is that it can be issued to members of the investor’s family, namely, spouses and children under 18. There is no need to confirm the level of the English language. You can stay outside of UK 180 days a year.
Investments allow you to get Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) and citizenship. Terms of obtaining ILR depend on the size of the investment:
- from £ 2,000,000 – getting ILR in 5 years, UK citizenship in the sixth year;
- from £ 5,000,000 – getting ILR after 3 years, UK citizenship for 5 years;
- from £ 10,000,000 – getting ILR in 2 years, UK citizenship for 5 years;
The extension of the investor visa involves the following procedure:
- confirmation of at least £ 2,000,000 in your account;
- the proving that you have invested at least £ 2,000,000 in the UK economy;
- you have also to proof, that you made an investment no later than 90 days from the moment you arrive in the country on this visa.
If you need help in the intricacies of obtaining and extending this visa, you can visit this site. Imperial & Legal is dedicated to providing immigration services and advice on visa issues and citizenship.